Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raul Enriquez <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/06 11:24:25 UTC

multibox - i know is easy but i am lost!!!

Hi,

i know this should be very easy, and i looked at the list and i found
questions like this. I copied the answer but i can not make it to work.

when i use a multibox tag, inside a form and a iterate, i get always the
following error :

No getter method available for property test for bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

the name of the bean in the form is fine!!! what do i have to write in the
set/get method?????? thanks!!

Re: multibox - i know is easy but i am lost!!!

Posted by simon <si...@xbridge.com>.
Raul,
Did you did you work out the solution to this,

I think what you need to do is for the Form object that you've defined
that maps this form you need a property that relates to the multiple box
e.g.
if i have a jsp  mainmenu.jsp
with

Then in my form handler
i need bean property that reflects this. e,g,

public final class MainMenuForm extends ActionForm {
    public String[] blah;// for multi select

    public String[] getBlah() {
        return this.blah;
    }
    public void setBlah(String[] _blah) {
        this.blah = _blah;
    }
    ...etc
}

let me know if this isn't clear, otherwise
check out
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg16260.html
could help...?
Simon