Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/17 03:23:15 UTC

Hangout (01) to discuss the Python Agent

Hi,

Shall we have $subject? I'm looking at 2.30pm - 3.30pm on Wednesday 19th
November 2014. Is this a feasible time frame?

I intend to cover the initial design of the Python agent, specifics related
to the Python agent, and what is different from the Java agent. Although
the functionality is the same, there are differences between the Python
agent and the Java agent, especially with regard to the implementation,
code structure, and how it communicates with Stratos.

Since there is development still being going on with the Python agent, I
intend to extend this to another hangout where a deep look at the code on
functionality like artifact management and health stat publishing.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

RE: Hangout (01) to discuss the Python Agent

Posted by "Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu)" <sh...@cisco.com>.
Iā€™m also sorry I was unable to attend.

As for the extensions and Health Stats pluggability, the important thing IMHO is to ensure that the APIs allow for stateful plugins, meaning plugins that get created and are reused on each invocation. It is specifically desirable to allow the *same* plugin to be used in both places, though if this is tricky, I could live without it. The use case is that the VM being monitored and/or lifecycle-controlled needs some kind of heavyweight initialisation to be performed for both functions.

Also, do you know if the new agent can be restarted, i.e. if it goes through the startup sequence multiple times, does it ā€“ or Stratos ā€“ get confused?

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Akila,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <ravihansa@wso2.com

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Nice job Chamila!

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
Good job Chamila

--
*Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
Software Engineer

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Lolitha Ratnayake <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Udara,

--
Regards!

*-----------------*
*Lolitha Ratnayake,*

Re: Hangout (01) to discuss the Python Agent

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lolitha,

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

Posted by Lolitha Ratnayake <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chamila,

--
Regards!

*-----------------*
*Lolitha Ratnayake,*

Re: Hangout (01) to discuss the Python Agent

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lolitha,

Posted by Lolitha Ratnayake <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
+1

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
+1

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
+1

wrote:

> +1
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Shall we have $subject? I'm looking at 2.30pm - 3.30pm on Wednesday 19th
>> November 2014. Is this a feasible time frame?
>>
>> I intend to cover the initial design of the Python agent, specifics
>> related to the Python agent, and what is different from the Java agent.
>> Although the functionality is the same, there are differences between the
>> Python agent and the Java agent, especially with regard to the
>> implementation, code structure, and how it communicates with Stratos.
>>
>> Since there is development still being going on with the Python agent, I
>> intend to extend this to another hangout where a deep look at the code on
>> functionality like artifact management and health stat publishing.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Chamila de Alwis
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

*Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com