Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Toby Hobson <to...@btinternet.com> on 2008/05/26 01:32:48 UTC

T5 - integrating with a RIA

I'm trying to integrate a flash application with my T5 code.  My flash app (built using OpenLaszlo) will make various http get and post requests to the server. Ideally I would like to write a custom component which will render the flash swf on the page and also handle all the callbacks from the swf to the server. Rendering the swf is easy but I'd like to know if there is a recommended pattern to follow for handling get and post requests which aren't generated by tapestry components i.e. I can't simply write an event handler.

I can access the underlying request and response objects so I guess I could do something like request.getParameter() etc. The problem is how do I tell the flash app which url to send requests to - the component could be embedded in any page so I can't be certain of the url. Is there some way I could find out the correct path and pass this into the swf when I render it?

Toby