Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dark Before Dawn <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 16:46:07 UTC

Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager

Hi guys,
I am sorry to resurrect this topic, but I got stuck for weeks now.

I would like to provide an embedded Tomcat 7 instance in my JavaSE 1.6
application (diploma thesis). This instance should run the
Manager-Application for easy War-Deployment via ANT.

With help of this mailing-list I managed to create a privilged context
which hosts the HTMLManagerServlet and the ManagerServlet.
Both show up correctly when browsing:
http://localhost:8080/manager/html/
http://localhost:8080/manager/text/

I guess the Deployer is running too => stdHost.addLifecycleListener(new
HostConfig());

Problem 1:
ANT Script & ManagerServlet(Text): It is possible to
deploy/undeploy/start/stop a Webapplication via ANT.
When deploying a WAR-file via Ant the file will be uploaded to webapps
folder and expanded afterwards. The ANT-script terminates successful
without warning.
When browsing the HTMLManagerServlet the freshly deployed webapp is
shown correctly in the Application list.
=> ContextPath is correct and even the DisplayName is shown correctly.
It is possible to Start/Stop/Repload/Undeploy this freshly deployed
webapp(browser/ant). But it is not possible to browse this webapp, I
just got 404 pages.

Problem 2:
HTMLManagerServlet won't upload WAR-file when selecting a WAR-file not
located on the server.
Message: FAIL - File upload failed, no file

Folders:
C:\Users\darky\AppData\Local\Temp\tc7embedded
C:\Users\darky\AppData\Local\Temp\tc7embedded\work
C:\Users\darky\AppData\Local\Temp\tc7embedded\webapps

Code: http://pastie.org/2600008

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Cheers Darky

Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager *additional info*

Posted by Dark Before Dawn <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys *kick* :)

I have additional info on this topic.
When deploying a webapp to an embedded tomcat server via ANT and listen
all webapps via ANT afterwards, I noticed that the path information is
completely missing for the freshly deployed webapp. In this case /test.
I think I missed to setup a path directive?!

      [LIST] OK - Listed applications for virtual host localhost
      [LIST]
/manager:running:0:C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Temp\tc7embedded\webapps
      [LIST] /test:running:0:test

Java Code: http://pastie.org/2600008
Cheers
Darky