Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/03 19:33:32 UTC

[lang] test failures

Hi All:

Odd: These pass in Eclipse but fail from Maven...

Failed tests:
testReflectionFloatArrayArray(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionDoubleArrayArray(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionBooleanArrayArray(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionHierarchyArrayList(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionArrayCycleLevel2(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionArrayArrayCycle(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testSimpleReflectionObjectCycle(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testSelfInstanceVarReflectionObjectCycle(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testSelfInstanceTwoVarsReflectionObjectCycle(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

testReflectionArrayAndObjectCycle(org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.ToStringBuilderTest)

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-03-05, sebb wrote:

> The tests also fail in Gump.

vmgump.ao, gump.zones.ao and adam.ao run JDK 6 (vmgump uses OpenJDK, the
FreeBSD zone the FreeBSD port and adam the MacOS X version by Apple).
So it likely is not a Java7 issue.

Gump uses mvn2 to run the tests if that causes any difference.  Also I
note the number of failing tests is different for each machine.

Stefan

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
sebb wrote:

> On 5 March 2012 17:11, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5 March 2012 16:53, Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com> wrote:
[snip]

>>> We might set the runOrder to "random" in the surefire plugin. This helps
>>> to ensure that tests will not have unwanted side effects.
>>
>> Good idea; I'll add that.
>
> On second thoughts, that won't help if the problem is the order of
> tests *within* a test class (as was the case for JMeter).

Yeah, I'd love to have that option too.

- Jörg

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@systemoutprintln.de>.

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Benedikt Ritter
<be...@systemoutprintln.de>wrote:

> Am 04.03.2012 12:26, schrieb Jörg Schaible:
>
>  Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>>
>>  Just out of curiosity ;) Are there plans to do anything about that? I
>>> guess it would be desirable if the component compiles on Java 7 as well.
>>> I still don't know if things are broken when compiling with Java 7 or if
>>> the errors are just caused by API changes in Java 7. If the latter, we
>>> could use JUnit's Theories runner and write an assumeTrue() statement
>>> for those test cases, that checks what Java version the test is running
>>> with.
>>>

>> I am quite sure I voted on lang3 and that means I also tested it with Java
>> 7. Actually I can build lang3 HEAD with Java 7:
>>

> sorry, I'm not sure if I got you right. Are you saying that the problems
> Gary was experiencing are not a result of Java 7 usage? Then we should
> investigate further.

This only happens on Java 7. I cannot look at this ATM.

Gary

Re: [lang] test failures

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@systemoutprintln.de>.

Re: [lang] test failures