Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Novakovic <mi...@provinzial.com> on 2003/07/21 10:45:29 UTC

Problem with dependencies

Hello,

I am new to Maven and just trying to set up my project.

I try to compile the sources in my project by typing in "maven
java:compile" (I've defined the POM).

I get an error because of unsatisfied dependencies, e.g. ant-1.5.1.jar.
( which are not dependencies defined in my POM) I've set up my own
remote repository (in build.properties) and there I have version 1.5.3
of ant. Is there a chance to change the dependencies for the java goal?
I don't want to put all the needed "old" jars in my remote repsoitory...

There would be a chance to get them from the ibiblio.org server but
there I've the problem that I've to go through an proxy. The rights are
very restricted in our company and it would be unsecure to put my proy
password in the build.properties file. So I've to get the libs from my
own remote repository.

Thank you.

Greetings from Germany,
Mirko

Re: Problem with dependencies

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
Re security issues.

Remember that proxy authentication is typically done using a base64
encode of  "Basic " + user + ":" + pass in an http header. It is trivial
to reverse this and grab your password as it travels over the network.
If other people can read files in your home directory
(~/build.properties is read remember), you've got greater problems.

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@cqs.ch>.