Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Masterson <ma...@d2mail.de> on 2002/09/14 22:39:12 UTC

RE: [POLL] NDC over MDC

MDC.  FWIW, the "set-it-and-forget-it" factor plays strongly to the MDC - less concern over memory leaks is a good thing.  We have an app that's being called/invoked by a C++ app via JNI, which results in a lot of threads.  We couldn't get a reliable grip on calling NDC.remove(), and were suffering from a serious memory leak.  We switched to MDC, even though we don't really need the flexibility of the keys, and the leak went away.  You can argue that the architecture of the app is idiotic and I won't disagree with you, but we don't always have the luxury of fixing the architecture, nicht wahr?