Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/08/01 06:42:34 UTC

Re: Ambari Cluster Install Automation

Hello Gordon,

You may be interested in the work going on at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1783 (Specification for a
cluster blueprint consumable by Ambari).
The idea is to be able to create a specification for the cluster (aka "cluster
blueprint") as a json file that is fed to an Ambari API endpoint to deploy
a cluster.

Yusaku

Posted by "Kwasnicki, Chris" <ck...@pershing.com>.
Much thanks (sorry for the delay response) between this and the other information you folks provided I was able to work this out.

From: Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:19 PM
To: <am...@incubator.apache.org>>

If you had built your cluster via API calls and want the Ambari Web UI to recognize that the cluster has been installed and that management UI should come up (rather than the Install Wizard), please make the following call from the Ambari Server host:

curl -i -u admin:admin -X POST -d '{ "CLUSTER_CURRENT_STATUS": "{\"clusterState\":\"CLUSTER_STARTED_5\"}" }' http://localhost:8080/api/v1/persist
Yusaku

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
One way to capture the API calls would be to run the wizard (e.g. Chrome, View, Developer, Developer Tool) and see the API calls.

Yusaku, will be able to help you out on how to get the UI past install when API is used to install HDP.

I will get back with regard to the list of API calls.

-Sumit

From: "Kwasnicki, Chris" <ck...@pershing.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:28 AM
To: "ambari-user@incubator.apache.org<ma...@incubator.apache.org>" <am...@incubator.apache.org>>

Can you please provide the list of APIs needed for a cluster build, or how one would capture the steps?
I've already unsuccessfully tried using the APIs to build a cluster so any guidance would be appreciated.
Even when I issued commands via the APIs beforehand, first time I went into the Ambari UI the wizard always came up.
Thanks

Chris Kwasnicki * 07D-1400 * BNYMellon / TSG / IAE
chris.kwasnicki@bnymellon.com<ma...@bnymellon.com> * Desk: (201) 395-1533<tel:%28201%29%20395-1533> * Mobile: (201) 538-2838<tel:%28201%29%20538-2838>

Ambari APIs do not support the manifest yet. Meanwhile, you can use the current Ambari API to perform a completely automated install. You can capture the API calls while you go through the wizard to see what steps are needed. Otherwise, I can provide you a list of API calls needed for a basic cluster install.

-Sumit

From: Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:42 PM
To: <am...@incubator.apache.org>>

[...]

IMPORTANT: Any information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the named individual or entity. All information contained in this communication is not intended or construed as an offer, solicitation, or a recommendation to purchase any security. Advice, suggestions or views presented in this communication are not necessarily those of Pershing LLC nor do they warrant a complete or accurate statement.

If you are not an intended party to this communication, please notify the sender and delete/destroy any and all copies of this communication. Unintended recipients shall not review, reproduce, disseminate nor disclose any information contained in this communication. Pershing LLC reserves the right to monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications as permitted by applicable law.

Email communications may contain viruses or other defects. Pershing LLC does not accept liability nor does it warrant that email communications are virus or defect free.

From:  Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:19 PM
To:  <am...@incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.