Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org> on 2021/04/07 13:10:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format 2.9.0 RC0

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet
Format 2.9.0 release.

The commit id is b4f0c0a643a6ec1a7def37115dd6967ba9346df7
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-format-2.9.0-rc0
* https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/tree/b4f0c0a643a6ec1a7def37115dd6967ba9346df7

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-format-2.9.0-rc0/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://downloads.apache.org/parquet/KEYS

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/parquet-format/

This release includes the following important fixes and improvements:

* PARQUET-1996 - [Format] Add interoperable LZ4 codec, deprecate existing LZ4 codec
* PARQUET-2013 - [Format] Mention that converted types are deprecated

...among other changes (see CHANGES.md for full list).

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet 2.9.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

Regards

Antoine.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format 2.9.0 RC0

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified signature and checksum on the artifact, passed the tests on macOS 11 (ARM64) with

mamba create -p $(pwd)/../env maven thrift-cpp=0.13
conda activate $(pwd)/../env
mvn test

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
Hi Gabor,

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Antoine,

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Thanks!

Thanks for picking this up.

+1 (non-binding)

Checked locally, and looks good. Verified the signature and checksum on the
artifact.

Cheers, Fokko

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
We have three binding +1s now.

Re: [RESULT] Release Apache Parquet Format 2.9.0 RC0

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
Thank you very much, Uwe!

I have done the following steps:
* updated the Web site
* sent an announcement to dev@parquet.a.o and announce@a.o
* marked format-2.9.0 as released on JIRA
* created format-2.10.0 on JIRA

I don't think there's anything else remaining to do.

Best regards

Antoine.

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <ma...@uwekorn.com>.
Published the release.