Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/06/08 05:30:16 UTC

updates to the ant tasks

Here are the things that have been implemented. Other than incorporating
the profiles support, I think the feature set is complete. Anyone have
any other thoughts?

- added the ability to exclude specific transitive dependencies from
being pulled in from a specific dependency
- ability to use a POM to specify dependencies and repositories, in
addition to the ant types
- full support for external configuration (proxies, authentication info,
repository mirrors, local repository location). The search order is
~/.ant/settings.xml, then ~/.m2/settings.xml
- ability to export properties or references from the pom:
 <artifact:setProperty property="parent.artifact.id
<http://parent.artifact.id>" expression="project.parent.artifactId"
pomRefId="maven.project" />
 <artifact:setProperty ref="developers" expression="project.developers"
pomRefId="maven.project" /> (not sure whether this is a useful thing or
not - I just thought references made sense for object types)

Cheers,
Brett