Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/08 17:31:15 UTC

TrasnportBinding with EncryptedParts

HI all,

Is it possible to use a TransportBinding with HttpsToken in a rampart
security policy
and still encrypt the body with the Encryptedelements assertion for example?
thanks,

Nencho

Re: TrasnportBinding with EncryptedParts

Posted by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dumindu,Kaushalye,
My point was that i am using transport binding and i still can see clear
sopa text
using tcpmonn.

So, Dumindu i know that i theory i couldn't b eable to do that but i
actually tested
this with some of the rampart policies that i attached to this mail so you
can check it if you want.
So is this a rampart bug?

Note that this is the soap message that i was able to capture with tcpmon:

POST /axis2/services/sample02 HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: "urn:echo"

562
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Header>
<wsse:Security xmlns:wsse="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
soapenv:mustUnderstand="1"><wsu:Timestamp xmlns:wsu="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="Timestamp-18096534"><wsu:Created>2007-05-09T14:34:09.687Z
</wsu:Created><wsu:Expires>2007-05-13T01:54:09.687Z
</wsu:Expires></wsu:Timestamp>
<wsse:UsernameToken xmlns:wsu="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="UsernameToken-4744654"><wsse:Username>alice</wsse:Username><wsse:Password
Type="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profile-1.0#PasswordText">bobPW</wsse:Password></wsse:UsernameToken></wsse:Security><wsa:To>http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/sample02</wsa:To><wsa:ReplyTo><wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address></wsa:ReplyTo><wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:4B8BD96A7282DD4A491178721249469</wsa:MessageID><wsa:Action>urn:echo</wsa:Action></soapenv:Header><soapenv:Body><ns1:echoxmlns:ns1="
http://sample02.policy.samples.rampart.apache.org/xsd"><param0>Helloworld</param0></ns1:echo></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
0

You can see the whole think + the password
Thanks,
Nencho

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
But I think Nancho has a valid point here. Even though, for encryption
this seems not that trivial, what about SOAP message signature?
If we are to have non repudiation capabilities for messages exchanged we
still need to digitally sign messages in the message level. For example
if I'm getting a message from you via HTTPS I still need it to be signed
(e.g. Body).
Cheers,
Kaushalye

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.