Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Smith <Aa...@kzoo.edu> on 2007/09/10 14:38:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache won't write to log files

            Me again.  Hope springs eternal that I'll be able to find
someone who can respond to the odd issues I'm having.  My previous
problem of Apache not working correctly when accessed via SSL has
morphed.  Before, connecting to the SSL port would "sort of" work in
that you'd get a page, but there would be delays and child processes
would spawn for each request.  /server-status would show all these
processes in a "Waiting..." state with NO activity listed.  I recompiled
apache with one small change in that I changed the CPPFLAGS entry for
the OpenSSL libraries from -I/opt/openssl098d/include to
-I/opt/openssl098d/include/openssl.

            So now apache starts up, you can click around (using SSL)
just fine with no delays and everything looks good with no endlessly
spawning child processes.  Except that it doesn't write anything to
access_log (or error_log other than the initial start up messages).  If
you switch to plain HTTP, it logs fine.  Also, if you do an apachectl
stop, each child process SegFaults instead of exiting cleanly...

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Aaron

RE: [users@httpd] Apache won't write to log files

Posted by Aaron Smith <Aa...@kzoo.edu>.
I'm sorry, I was incorrect.  What's happening now is that, instead of a
new child process spawning for each request and sticking around, the
child process each request results in a child process segfaulting and
dying with a new one spawning to replace it.

Aaron Smith                Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu

System Administrator   (269) 337-7496

Kalamazoo College