Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Gunnar Wagenknecht (Jakarta Commons User)" <Ja...@Planet-Wagenknecht.de> on 2002/02/18 21:05:51 UTC

[workflow] project plans

Hi!

I'm currently reading through the Workflow project and was wondering
about the project status. Is there any development in progress
(especially the Process implementation)? How can I help?

I want to integrate this project into a planned project, because it is
similar to my thoughts about such a functionality. I'm thinking of
describing business processes in xml files and coding business steps
into Java classes.

I want to make these business processes callable through a url mapping
to a CentralEntryServlet.
http://localhost/app.engine/businessprocess-activity would be analyzed
by this "Front Controller" and a the "activity" of the "businessprocess"
would be called. The "activity" does nothing else then evaluating the
request and preparing the context for the response by doing some
business steps (Java classes with business logic). At the end a template
and the context is returned which will be processed via Velocity to HTML
output.

Is this possible with the current implementation of the Workflow
Framework?
I'm also thinking of a Visual Manager for the xml files. But this is
another topic.

Cu, Gunnar