Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by 小野圭二 <on...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 01:38:34 UTC

Are there any way a notebook to be black box?

Hi,

I wonder if this mail title would be realize.
I mean, when I do not want to be changed my notebook programing code, but
just give a way to change the query of programing by dynamic forms.

1. are there way to hide all code in the notebook?
2. are there rock system to prevent changing the code in notebook?

If No.1 would be available, it makes easy to provide commercial codes
and/or secret codes to widely.
In fact, from the view of code writers, especially in the case of
commercial products, they do not want to provide any source code to their
customers definitely. Another hand, it is costly to force R or Python
programer to write Java or Scala program to change their naked codes to
binary code.

I have a image Script programers write and test their
R/Python/Spark-Shell/SQL.... codes on notebooks and be it to
BLACKBOX-NOTEBOOK, then upload it to github/svn.... where endusers who want
to use those notebooks could access by themselves. The endusers down load
those BLACKBOX-NOTEBOOK and import into their Zeppelin and it works fine.
Sound like happy the both.

No.2 seems like easier than No.1, because the issue is depend on
authorization. But it is incomplete, because the codes reveal to the
endusers.

I saw zepl.com as well.
Seems like Zeppelin and ZELP are aimed to help collaboration between
analysts. That is good. And if adding the above NO.1 feature into it, they
will be the best, i think.

Do not You think so?

-Ono

Re: Are there any way a notebook to be black box?

Posted by 小野圭二 <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,
I created this issue on JIRA as ZEPPELIN-2721.

-Ono

ウイルス
フリー。 www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>