Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Thomas Weiss <th...@additivelabs.com> on 2014/08/05 03:34:27 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 as a Docker container

Hi all,

As an enthusiast CouchDB and regular Microsoft Azure user, I would happily
test the upcoming 2.0 on Azure's IaaS platform. But not being a Linux guy,
I wonder if it would be possible to provide Docker <https://www.docker.com/>
containers that would enable people like me to test unreleased versions of
CouchDB.

Thanks
Thomas

Re: CouchDB 2.0 as a Docker container

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
There's the beginnings of a Dockerfile already committed [1]. Its good
enough to get a development cluster running but I don't think its
enough for a full on Docker image to distribute with all the proper
configuration knobs exposed properly. I've only just recently played
with Docker so I'm not super familiar with "proper Dockerisms". If
you're familiar there I'm sure we could use any help on how to make
that a more robust image for the general public (rather than just
developers).

[1] https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/Dockerfile