Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2007/03/12 15:21:24 UTC

Recover lost admin password

Hi!

I have an OFBiz installation where someone changed the standard password
of admin / ofbiz to something else, but it got lost. There are other
users in the system, but none of them has sufficient privilegdes to
reset the password for admin.

Is there a simple way of fixing this?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com>.
You can also sign in to the ecommerce app and have it email you a new password.

  Another reason to hold usernames of admin and such close to the chest.

  Rick

"David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> "Madmax" and "bigal" are a little disconcerting backdoor parties.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I took a peek at their settings
and they look pretty safe to me, and are just users that are part of
the blog demo data. I would prefer it if more generic names and such
were used, like the DemoCustomer and other similar accounts, but I'm
not sure how they would be "backdoor" users.

-David

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Torsten, all,
>
> FYI, beware to not stay with default logins and passwords in production
> sites. This for obvious security reasons. Please see  recommendations in
> http://tinyurl.com/yuldmy.

The following users all have "ofbiz" as password. "Madmax" and "bigal" are a
little disconcerting backdoor parties. YMMV. This is a ofBiz/OpenTaps box that
only has demo data installed users.

"admin"
"system"
"flexadmin"
"demoadmin"
"ltdadmin"
"bizadmin"
"blog_author"
"madmax"
"supplier"
"DemoBuyer"
"DemoRepAll"
"DemoRepStore"
"DemoCustCompany"
"DemoCustAgent"
"DemoCustomer"
"blog_admin"
"blog_editor"
"blog_user"
"bigal"
"blog_guest"

--
Walter

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Torsten, all,

FYI, beware to not stay with default logins and passwords in production
sites. This for obvious security reasons. Please see  recommendations in
http://tinyurl.com/yuldmy.

Thanks to TinyUrl Creator https://addons.mozilla.org/mozilla/126/ I was
able to create this tiny URL with an anchor :o)

Jacques

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
That helped, thank you.

Any yes, it's a reminder to close all that backdoors on a productive system.

Isn't there something like a test suite which would check for all of this?

Regards,
Torsten

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
Torsten

You could write a Selenium test and add it to the Selenium patch ;-)

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Torsten,

--
G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> I have an OFBiz installation where someone changed the standard password
> of admin / ofbiz to something else, but it got lost. There are other
> users in the system, but none of them has sufficient privilegdes to
> reset the password for admin.
>
> Is there a simple way of fixing this?

If you have write access to the database and especially the user_login table,
you can paste in a known value in the current_password column from a known
user/password combination.

--
Walter

Re: Recover lost admin password

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Do you have access to the entity maintenance in webtools or to
database?  If so, change UserLogin.password to the encrypted value of a
known password.  This is one of many good reasons not to share user
login information.