Posted to general@logging.apache.org by venu madhav <vy...@miraclesoft.com> on 2007/05/06 14:52:11 UTC

example

Hi ,
              Can any body send me the example of webapp using log4j
where the logging is done to file and not console.

Venu madhav.Yelamanchili

Software Trainee

Miracle Software Systems

Email: vyelamanchili@miraclesoft.com

RE: example

Posted by SIS Enterprises <to...@sis-inc.net>.

#set the level of the root logger to DEBUG (the lowest level)
log4j.rootLogger = DEBUG, DAILY

#set the appender DAILY
log4j.appender.DAILY=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.DAILY.File=ipm_out.log
log4j.appender.DAILY.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd

log4j.appender.DAILY.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.DAILY.layout.conversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd -