Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com> on 2005/01/14 02:03:20 UTC

[OT] Consulting Position in Costa Mesa, CA,

I'm forwarding this message from a recruiter looking for a Tomcat/VMS
consultant in CA if anyone's interested.

Suzie Jimenez
Sr. IT Recruiter
mailto:Suzie.Jimenez@issgjobs.com

ISSG- Information Systems Support Group, LLC
300 E Magnolia Blvd. Ste 403 4th Fl.
Burbank, CA  91502
818-846-4774 x116
818-846-9971 Fax
818-554-6825 Cell
www.issgjobs.com

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 19:18, Suzie Jimenez wrote:
> I got your e-mail address from the Tomcat Solutions website...
> Your help would be appreciated...I am trying to get creative
here...help
me
> out~
>
> I am working with one of my clients and we need a Tomcat consultant
w/VMS
> background can you refer me to someone? PLEASE?!
>
> The position is in Costa Mesa, CA, e-mail or call me...thank you...
>
> I don't have that many details to give right now...we have a client
who
> called us this morning requesting a consultant. They are working on a
> project and are in need of someone with Tomcat experience with VMS.
>
> All we know that this is a contract consulting position for a
Pharmaceutical

Why am I getting this authentication window

Posted by Venkat & Radha Venkataramanan <Ve...@WarpDriveonline.com>.
Hello:

I am running Tomcat 5.0. I installed it about 2 months back and I have been
learning the ropes these days.

This morning when I tried to go into the Manager application and/or the
admin application (http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/), I get an authentication
box:

I don't know why all of a sudden I get this dialog box and even if I supply
a local user/password, I cannot seem to go past this.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Venkat

Re: [OT] Consulting Position in Costa Mesa, CA,

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Ben Souther wrote:
> I exchanged several emails with her before forwarding it to this list.

Well, she send me 5 emails with the same content replying to
each email I've posted to this list last week.
So if that's not the spam,  then what is it?

Mladen.

Re: [OT] Consulting Position in Costa Mesa, CA,

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.
I don't know.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  I know I was talking
to a real person.  We exchanged 3 or 4 emails over a 10 minute period.
I figured, maybe there was someone in here from CA in need of work who
would benefit from it so I forwarded it to the list.

If I had detected even the faintest hint of spam, I would have just
thrown it in the trash with the other 500 I get every day.

Sorry about the traffic it generated.

-Ben

Posted by PA <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 14, 2005, at 17:45, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Also, seems that everybody has received those emails, so if
> that's not the spam then what is it?

It's a business proposition! Like the ones I constantly receive from
those charming gentlemen in Lagos, Nigeria :o)

Indeed lists 2,713 hits for "tomcat":

http://www.indeed.com/search?q=tomcat&l=

And 24 around Costa Mesa, CA itself:

http://www.indeed.com/search?q=tomcat&l=Costa+Mesa%2C+CA

The bubble is back!

Cheers

--
PA
http://alt.textdrive.com/

Re: [OT] Consulting Position in Costa Mesa, CA,

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Call me an optimist, but that error looks like standard, old, ordinary,
everyday mail server trouble -- nothing to get excited about.  Besides,
I sent a message declining and didn't get that error.

--David

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.
Yea, that's the one 'off topic' type of message I don't mind seeing in
here.

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.