Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/11/19 17:33:53 UTC

[Digester] Newbie question

Hi,
I have the following XML:
<a>
  <b class="package.class">
    <c>
      <d>foo</d>
      <e>bar</e>
    </c>
  </b>
</a>

The class specified as the attribute of element b has a writeable
property named foo, i.e a public void setFoo(String) method, as well as
a public no-args constructor.  I want digester to

1. When encountering b elements create a new instance of the class
specified.
2. Set the attribute named in d to the value named in e.

I think the first part I can do with

digester.addObjectCreate("a/b", null, "class");

But how can I do the second part?

Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: [Digester] Newbie question

Posted by José Antonio Pérez Testa <ja...@indra.es>.
Hi Yoav,
Your xml format has to be that one?
With this other format the solution will be straightforward

<a>
  <b class="package.class">
    <foo>bar</foo>
  </b>
</a>

digester.addSetProperties("a/b");

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>I have the following XML:
><a>
>  <b class="package.class">
>    <c>
>      <d>foo</d>
>      <e>bar</e>
>    </c>
>  </b>
></a>
>
>The class specified as the attribute of element b has a writeable
>property named foo, i.e a public void setFoo(String) method, as well as
>a public no-args constructor.  I want digester to
>
>1. When encountering b elements create a new instance of the class
>specified.
>2. Set the attribute named in d to the value named in e.
>
>I think the first part I can do with
>
>digester.addObjectCreate("a/b", null, "class");
>
>But how can I do the second part?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium ChemInformatics
>

>This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Este correo electr�nico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene informaci�n de car�cter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgaci�n, copia o distribuci�n a terceros sin la previa autorizaci�n escrita de Indra. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electr�nico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenv�o a la direcci�n electr�nica del remitente.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited without the prior written consent of Indra. If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by reply e-mail