Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 12:17:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

The candidates binaries are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/

According to the release process, the 6.0.37 build corresponding to the
tag TOMCAT_6_0_37 is:
[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 04/29/2013 12:17 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/
>
> According to the release process, the 6.0.37 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_6_0_37 is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [x] Stable

Tested on vanilla Windows 8 install
Install, service, native, apps works OK.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 04/29/2013 10:50 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Problem 3: version.build is "0" instead of "37" in
> build.properties.default (src and bin). Not nice but probably not a
> showstopper. Maybe something for the release howto.

the version is version=6.0.37 overwrites it I think.
I missed the line... version.patch=37 ... should the line above.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 29.04.2013 12:17, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/
>
> According to the release process, the 6.0.37 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_6_0_37 is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

+1 to release, three minor problems see below.

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src consistent with svn tag
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- JMX MBean comparison with previous version OK
  - no changes in attribute structure
  - scan tldScanTime maybe a bit lower than before
- Some javadoc warnings as normal for TC6

Build was done using Java 1.6.0_45, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

Problem 1: One new javadoc warning:

[javadoc] .../src/java/org/apache/tomcat/jni/SSL.java:350: warning - Tag
@link: can't find SSL_OP_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION in
org.apache.tomcat.jni.SSL.
Not sure, whether the link should be removed or the option should
be added instead.

Problem 2: new script daemon.sh is not executable in binary tarball,
fixed for the future in r1477327.

Problem 3: version.build is "0" instead of "37" in
build.properties.default (src and bin). Not nice but probably not a
showstopper. Maybe something for the release howto.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 12:17 +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/
>
> According to the release process, the 6.0.37 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_6_0_37 is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
> 2013/4/29 jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>:
>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/
>>

> Can you prepare and stage Maven artifacts as well?

the artifacts should be in the staging repos (it looks OK in nexus).

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.37

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2013/4/29 jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.37/

Can you prepare and stage Maven artifacts as well?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko