Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/10/03 18:46:55 UTC

Why is the deploy-plugin deploying my assemblies?

Hi

I'm trying to use the assembly plugin in combination with the deploy-plugin.

When I have created my assembly, 'mvn assembly:assembly', I use the
deploy-plugin. The deploy-plugin deploys my assemblies as well as the
artifacts (jars) that are created by the project. Is there a way to
prevent the assemblies from the being deployed?

I tried to put this in the configuration, but it made no difference:

   <attach>false</attach>

Documentation for this configuration option is non-existing, but it
sounds like the right one to use.

How does the deploy-plugin know which files to deploy?

I'm currently using version 2.1 of the assembly-plugin together with
Maven 2.0.7.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Why is the deploy-plugin deploying my assemblies?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
The solution to this was to use 2.2-beta-1 of the assembly-plugin. The
"attach" parameter was added in that version, but is not available in
earlier versions.

--
Dennis Lundberg