Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com> on 2001/05/11 00:36:21 UTC

Anyone using Tomcat 4.0 beta 3 and JBoss 2.2.1?

Is anyone using Tomcat4.0 Beta 3 and JBoss 2.2.1?  I am having a problem
getting an InitialContext and get the following error:

javax.naming.CommunicationException[Root exeption is
java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occured in server thread; nested
exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is java.net.MalformedURL exception: unknown protocol: jndi

I can get an InitialContext with Tomcat 3.2 but Catalina produces and error.
I assume it has something to do with the naming services that Catalina
provides conflicting with the naming services that JBoss provides.  I have
tried running Catalina with the -nonaming option, but this produces the same
error.