Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/02 21:36:50 UTC

Next Release (1.2.0 ?) Scope

Hey, everyone,
I know I'm always the one pushing things, but I'd like to start focusing in
on scope for the 1.2.0 release.  We already have 37 items tagged for it,
two of them open, and probably a few more that we could throw into the mix
before we release 1.2.0.

First, I want to make sure that 1.2.0 is the correct version for this.  It
seems appropriate to me - it's more than a minor bug fix release, but I'm
not sure there's anything at this point that would push it into a major
release candidate.  But, if anyone has thoughts on that, feel free to share.

As far as scope goes, here are the issues currently tagged in that version
in JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/versions/12345046
):
296 (RDP audio input disconnect)
764 (RDPDR file read/write truncated to 32 bits)
822 (Balancing group missing client identifier)
870 (Connection history query fails against SQL Server)
302 (Refocus relevant in-progress login fields after auth failure)
381 (Allow clipboard access to be disabled)
414 (VNC server TLS disconnect)
514 (Additional VNC authentication methods)
625 (RDP Spanish LATAM Keyboard support)
684 (Insufficient credentials take precedence over Invalid credentials)
723 (Support display of multiple connections in same tab)
732 (navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia() returns promise)
736 (CAS module fails against JDK 11)
740 (Spanish translation hard-coded version number)
749 (Filter affects only first level of connection permissions editor)
769 (Parse RADIUS Challenge message correctly)
774 (RADIUS support for MS-CHAPv1/2)
781 (Czech translation)
783 (REST API responses cached in IE11)
784 (Tolerate port number in X-Forwarded-For header)
805 (OpenID authentication redirect loop)
817 (Enter key may repeat following login in FF)
821 (Japanese translation)
837 (RDP keymap for Hungarian keyboard)
859 (Caps Lock keysym via RDP)
861 (Correct Windows Time in drive redirection)
871 (Cursor visibility flag support in terminal)
884 (Avoid Image where possible without performance penalty)
889 (Mismatching attribute names in LDAP schema)
897 (Docker support for restricting authentication to DB)
901 (RDP Belgian French keyboard layout) - Server-side complete, needs
client-side changes
905 (Chrome audio input broken)
678 (UriGuacamoleProperty)
734 (Update logback-classic version)
741 (Spanish translation duplicates APP.NAME string)
742 (Display feedback while waiting for login)
772 (Reduce guacd Docker image size)
852 (MariaDB JDBC Support)

In addition to these, I'd propose adding the following issues to the scope
and then finalizing and working toward that over the coming weeks:
942 (Possible MySQL regression)
917 (Fix tilde mapping in German keyboard)
915 (Move $apply to $applyAsync to fix international selector)
728 (MySQL SSL issue)
883 (iOS 13 touch screen regression)
903 (Chinese internationalization improvements)
474 (Allow file upload and download to be disabled) - PR in progress
793 (CAS Group Support) - PR is out there
818 (Missing files in SFTP) - Change has been suggested on the JIRA issue,
but no PR.
820 (IP address filtering) - Looks like cause has been identified, just
needs a fix)
823 (Empty balancing group regression) - This has been bisected down to
cause, just needs fix
759 (French translation fixed) - PR needs review
708 (Auto-create JDBC users) - PR needs work and review
513 (Wake On LAN extension) - PR being worked
103 (SAML Authentication) - PR is out there, needs rebase, review and
testing
583 (SQL Server instance config) - Code is done, waiting on testing and
need to submit PR
465 (guacenc codec support) - PR is being worked

There are several other issues out there getting a lot of attention and
work - like Single Log Out for the SSO modules, but I'm intentionally
trying to limit scope to stuff that is already pretty well in progress and
can be reviewed, merged, and worked toward the next release.  If there are
others that someone thinks we should add on, please feel free to suggest
them, but my suggestion at this point is to avoid letting the scope get too
big for the next release so that we can get it out there pretty quickly,
and then we can work toward 1.2.1 or 1.3.0 or whatever we decide comes
after that.  If anyone thinks we should be more restrictive in scope and
take some of the others I suggested above off the list, that's fine, too -
let's discuss!

-Nick

Re: Next Release (1.2.0 ?) Scope

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
Looks like we have general consensus on scope here. I've rechecked the
changes merged to master and that those JIRA issues are properly tagged.
Current scope stands at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=Project%20%3D%20GUACAMOLE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.2.0%20ORDER%20BY%20Status%20ASC%2C%20Watchers%2C%20Votes%2C%20Priority

I'll move forward with creating the "staging/1.2.0" branches and we'll be
underway.

- Mike

Re: Next Release (1.2.0 ?) Scope

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.