Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2005/02/27 17:21:31 UTC

Re: Obfuscation

I had a trick I was using in Exim that worked pretty well and cound be
recoded in perl.

First - I had a list of words spelled correctly that spammers often
deliberately misspell.

What I did was take the subject and the first 200 characters of the
body. Then I removed all the words matching the list that were spelled
correctly. Then I translated letters used to objuscate into the letters
that they were faking and I removed all characters that we junk spacing
characters. This process "corrected" the spelling of the ofuscated
words. I then compared the strings to my original list and if I found a
word it was because it was deliberately misspelled.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@perkel.com

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com