Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Davy <da...@spgprints.com> on 2020/03/09 10:13:15 UTC

Can't copy/paste large text blocks

I'm trying to copy/paste a lot of SQL outputs, mostly a few thousand up to
tens of thousands of characters. a normal RDP connection would do this
perfectly, however when doing it in Guacamole it doesn't do more than 200
SQL outputs at a time. Is there any way to change this? As it is something
we use quite frequently on daily base.

Re: Can't copy/paste large text blocks

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I don't immediately see anything that should cause an issue.

Have you tried copying a 'standard' document with more than 200 lines?

If you want to email me something that you *can't* copy I'll have a go
here and see if there's any issue for me. Best zip it up as an
attachment in the format you use, rather than send inline.

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I've just tried a text document of ~26,000 characters and Guacamole
1.1.0 copies that fine from a RDP session to a local document.

Although I may not be able to directly assist myself it could be useful
if you gave more detail on what you're doing, inc.luding the protocol
and version of Guaccamole you're using?

Initially I wonder if there are any special characters that could be
truncating the data? It may be worth trying a simple text document copy
as a check for this and letting us know the result.