Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frank Ling <st...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/16 19:39:26 UTC

Populating ActionForm

Hi, There:

Here is the some question I have for the from populating, This maybe a
stupid question.

In the my simple search functionality Project.

I have the form-action combination as following.

PaymentSearchAction    PaymentSearchForm

DisplayStmAction          DisplayStmForm

in the PaymentSearchForm I take in all the search conditions, like
consultant name, stating date, ending date etc, then PaymentSearchAction
will perform the search and get all the result set in the session, then I
need populate all the result to DisplayStmForm, based on the setting in
struts-config.xml,  DisplayStmAction is the guy can access DisplayStmForm,
then the question is How DisplayStmAction can take control from this point
automaticlly, then I can populate the DisplayStmForm.

By another word, how can I jump from paymentSearchAction to DisplayStmAction
automatically, then I can use PaymentSearchAction populate PaymentSearchForm
to do the search then automatically switch to DisplayStmAction to populate
DisplayStmForm for the display.

Thanks

Frank Ling