Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2011/04/01 19:30:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Neethi 3.0.0 (take 2)

This is a vote to release Neethi 3.0.0

The changes from the first vote to this include updating the release notes and
some updates to the site.

This is a "major" upgrade to Neethi that completely revamps the Neethi
internals to make it more "usable" for projects like CXF.   The API impact is
minimal.   The major impact from an API perspective is the upgrade to Java 5
typed collections as well as the support for WS-Policy 1.5 "ignorable"
attributes.    The full migration guide is in the svn repo
(src/site/apt/migration.apt) and will be deployed  as part of the new site
if/when the vote passes.

The svn tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/commons/tags/neethi/neethi-3.0.0/

The maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachews-061/

Release artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachews-061/org/apache/neethi/neethi/3.0.0/

This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours.

Here is my +1.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Neethi 3.0.0 (take 2)

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I did the same for Axiom, so that should not be a problem.

Andreas

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
About to fly to Baltimore. I'll get back on this when I get there.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think that we should get out these releases ASAP and for the
moment limit the changes to relocating from
http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi to http://ws.apache.org/neethi.

Andreas

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Andreas,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Need to learn it the hard way? Start with the trunk [1] and we'll see
how far we get.

Andreas

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.