Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wo...@AtosOrigin.com on 2008/09/19 08:29:17 UTC

release plugin with submodules

Hi,

I am trying the release plugin on a project with sub-modules within
Eclipse. The project is named 'core' and the sub-module is
'plugin-setproperties'. I want to release only one sub-module, not the
whole project. I go into the sub-module project and execute
release:prepare. This works, sub-module is tagged in cvs and
release.properties is created. Then I execute release:perform which does
not work:

-          Cvs checks out the whole project, not only the tagged
sub-project. CVS checkout normally works in a way  that the directories
that do not belong to the tag are deleted at the end. This does not
happen

-          The deploy ends with an error saying a pom is missing. Maybe
there is missing a 'change directory' to go into the sub-module
directory?

[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:wow@cvsserv:/cvs/remotepayment
-q checkout -r plugin-setproperties-0_0_2 -d checkout core

[INFO] Working directory: D:\projekte\core\plugin-setproperties\target

[DEBUG] Executing CVS command: checkout -r plugin-setproperties-0_0_2 -d
checkout core

[DEBUG]

[DEBUG]

[DEBUG] U checkout/plugin-setproperties/.cvsignore

[DEBUG] U checkout/plugin-setproperties/pom.xml

[DEBUG] U
checkout/plugin-setproperties/src/main/java/net/atos/wlp/core/setpropert
ies/SetPropertiesMojo.java

[DEBUG] U
checkout/plugin-setproperties/src/main/resources/directory-info.txt

[DEBUG] U
checkout/plugin-setproperties/src/main/resources/log4j.properties

[INFO] Executing goals 'deploy'...

[INFO] Executing: mvn deploy --no-plugin-updates -DperformRelease=true
-f pom.xml

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

        [INFO]

        [INFO] Building Maven Default Project

        [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy]

        [INFO]

        [INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.5 as it requires
Maven version 2.0.9

        [INFO]

        [ERROR] BUILD ERROR

        [INFO]

        [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project
with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.

Kind regards

Wolfgang Winter