Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ken Tore Tallakstad <ta...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/26 13:22:45 UTC

High CPU load upon starting non-connected Out Port inside PG

Hi,

First, thanks alot for a great product! :)

My issue is this. Create a PG, inside it create an out-port and connect it
to another out-port outside the PG. Start the out-port inside the PG. My
CPU load then sky-rockets (from ~5-10% to 200-300% on my laptop to
500-1000% on my servers) :/
If I however connect a processor, running or not (e.g the FlowFile
Generator) to the out-port inside the PG, CPU load returns to "normal".
Also if I just stop the running out-port inside the PG, with nothing
connected on the input side, all is normal.

Have not gotten around to looking at the thread-dump yet.

Ive tested this both on clustered and a clean standalone version of NiFi
1.7.1 (Inside docker contianer that is, but as far as I can tell, this does
not matter). Im on CentOS7.4 with Java 1.8_144.

Can anyone recreate this?

Cheers,

KT :)

Re: High CPU load upon starting non-connected Out Port inside PG

Posted by Ken Tore Tallakstad <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, good to know! We had a rather complex flow and took us a while to
figure this one out :)

best

KT