Posted to user@storm.apache.org by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/13 20:32:31 UTC

Disable Backpressure in storm 1.0.1

Hey all,

With backpressure enabled it  is quite difficult to identify/estimate the
resource requirement for the given  topology .Because every time you add a
new VM it may not be using full resources because your spout is slowed down
due to bottleneck .

So Is there any idea of what watermark values we should use to disable
backpressure .So that I can be confident that I my spout is emitting at
expected rate .

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anshu Shukla

Re: Disable Backpressure in storm 1.0.1

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again , while  running in local I have set it using -

conf.put("topology.backpressure.enable",false);

Just I had to make sure things works fine in cluster mode also .

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for replying .

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.