Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2016/02/12 03:55:08 UTC

0.9.0.1 RC1

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.9.0.1. This a bug
fix release that fixes 70 issues.

Release Notes for the 0.9.0.1 release
https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7pm PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS in addition to the md5, sha1
and sha2 (SHA256) checksum.

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* scala-doc
https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/scaladoc/

* java-doc
https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/javadoc/

* The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.9.0 branch) is the 0.9.0.1 tag
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=2c17685a45efe665bf5f24c0296cb8f9e1157e89

* Documentation
http://kafka.apache.org/090/documentation.html

Thanks,

Jun

Re: [kafka-clients] 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> > This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.9.0.1. This a
> > bug fix release that fixes 70 issues.
> >
> > Release Notes for the 0.9.0.1 release
> >
> https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > *** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7pm PT
> >
> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS in addition to the md5, sha1
> > and sha2 (SHA256) checksum.
> >
> > * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/
> >
> > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> >
> > * scala-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/scaladoc/
> >
> > * java-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/javadoc/
> >
> > * The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.9.0 branch) is the 0.9.0.1 tag
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=2c17685a45efe665bf5f24c0296cb8f9e1157e89
> >
> > * Documentation
> > http://kafka.apache.org/090/documentation.html
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >
> > --
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kafka-clients/CAFc58G8VbhZ5Q0nVnUAg8qR0yEO%3DqhYrHFtLySpJo1Nha%3DoOxA%40mail.gmail.com
> > <
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kafka-clients/CAFc58G8VbhZ5Q0nVnUAg8qR0yEO%3DqhYrHFtLySpJo1Nha%3DoOxA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> >
> > .

Grant Henke
Software Engineer | Cloudera
grant@cloudera.com | twitter.com/gchenke | linkedin.com/in/granthenke

Re: [kafka-clients] 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [kafka-clients] 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I'm also getting test failures. Here are tests that failed for me and the jiras I could find reporting the corresponding issue:

org.apache.kafka.common.network.SslTransportLayerTest > testInvalidEndpointIdentification - KAFKA-2850
kafka.api.QuotasTest > testThrottledProducerConsumer - KAFKA-2444
kafka.api.SslProducerSendTest > testCloseWithZeroTimeoutFromCallerThread - KAFKA-2363
kafka.api.PlaintextConsumerTest > testMultiConsumerDefaultAssignment - KAFKA-2933
kafka.network.SocketServerTest > tooBigRequestIsRejected - KAFKA-2398

Digests and signature also match for me and it builds if I don't run tests.

-Flavio

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Since the unit test failures are transient. +1 from myself.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
yep! http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#voted

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, glad to hear. Thanks Jun!

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Christian,

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Christian,

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding).

Verified source and binary artifacts, ran ./gradlew testAll, quick start on
source artifact and Scala 2.11 binary artifact.

Neha

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding).

wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Release Notes for the 0.9.0.1 release
> > >

> https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> > >
> > > *** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7pm PT
> > >
> > > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > > http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS in addition to the md5, sha1
> > > and sha2 (SHA256) checksum.
> > >
> > > * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> > > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/
> > >
> > > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> > >
> > > * scala-doc
> > > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/scaladoc/
> > >
> > > * java-doc
> > > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/javadoc/
> > >
> > > * The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.9.0 branch) is the 0.9.0.1 tag

Neha

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Yeah, I saw

> [...]

> > Release Notes for the 0.9.0.1 release
> >
> https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > *** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7pm PT
> >
> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS in addition to the md5, sha1
> > and sha2 (SHA256) checksum.
> >
> > * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/
> >
> > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> >
> > * scala-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/scaladoc/
> >
> > * java-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/javadoc/
> >
> > * The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.9.0 branch) is the 0.9.0.1 tag

Ewen

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Yeah, I saw

> [...]

> > Release Notes for the 0.9.0.1 release
> >
> https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > *** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7pm PT
> >
> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS in addition to the md5, sha1
> > and sha2 (SHA256) checksum.
> >
> > * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/
> >
> > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> >
> > * scala-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/scaladoc/
> >
> > * java-doc
> > https://home.apache.org/~junrao/kafka-0.9.0.1-candidate1/javadoc/
> >
> > * The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.9.0 branch) is the 0.9.0.1 tag

Ewen

Re: 0.9.0.1 RC1

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
+1 (non-binding).