Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sunil Mathew <st...@cisco.com> on 2002/02/08 02:12:57 UTC

Session Timeout

Hi All,

How can I see the current session timeout and set a new value. The
documentation gives the following url

http://localhost:8080/manager/sessions?path=/examples

But I am not able to see /manager eventhough I have setup user with manager
role as:

<user name="admin" password="admin" roles="standard,manager" />

Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks,
Sunil Mathew.

Re: Session Timeout

Posted by Hari S <ha...@yahoo.com>.
I hope that in your
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/manager/web.xml file in /manager
application, You should create a Manager role.

i.e Your security constraint should look like
following

<security-constraint>
 <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name> Entire Application
</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
 <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>manager </role-name>
 </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

once you have created this role in web.xml of manager
application, you need to add the user with role as
manager as you have already done.

Restart Tomcat.

It should work now.

Thanks
Hari

RE: Tomcat and JSP

Posted by James McCall <ja...@bellsouth.net>.
Hi,

When I edit a working JSP file in the Tomcat directory I get a java null
pointer error. Most times if I just rename the file it works under the new
name, but mostly it doesn't. I have tried several things with no success.
Any help would be appreciated.

-James

The error is below:

Location: /examples/jsp/test/NPPU.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Database not found or no system permission.
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Unknown
Source)
	at jsp.test.NPPU_2._jspService(NPPU_2.java:158)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Root cause:
java.sql.SQLException: Database not found or no system permission.
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.(IfxSqliConnect.java:587)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver.connect(IfxDriver.java:194)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:199)
	at jsp.test.NPPU_2._jspService(NPPU_2.java:66)

Tomcat and JSP