Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oberckal Josef <jo...@infochem.de> on 2003/04/02 14:56:32 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError ConsoleLogger

Hello,

I am using fop-0.20.5rc2. Under windows everything works fine, but under
solaris I have a problem when
invoking fop with the shell-scipt:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/ConsoleLogger

Of course, there seems to be somehting wrong with the classpath. But the
file "avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar" is
included with the correct path. Could there be another reason for this
problem?

RE: NoClassDefFoundError ConsoleLogger

Posted by Tammy Feichtel <Ta...@glemser.com>.
I had a similar problem and the issue turned out to be that I had an old
version of the Avalon jar file in my classpath.  If you upgraded from an
old version, double check that you don't have any old jar files laying
around.

Tammy S. Feichtel

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Oberckal Josef wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using fop-0.20.5rc2. Under windows everything works fine, but under
> solaris I have a problem when
> invoking fop with the shell-scipt:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/ConsoleLogger
>
> Of course, there seems to be somehting wrong with the classpath. But the
> file "avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar" is
> included with the correct path. Could there be another reason for this
> problem?

not that this is meant to solve your problem, but i just noticed
that you can download standalone avalon from avalon.apache.org.

i'm assuming this is a more recent version, but haven't had
time to do anything with it yet.

anyone else know more about this?  whether it's an improved
version?  bug fixes?  what?

rday