Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by He...@t-systems.com on 2005/06/07 08:03:08 UTC

Using appelts with different clients

Hi,

I want to include a java applet into a webpage, to be loaded correctly
depending on the client (ie, firefox, opera, etc., etc.). Of course, I could
check the client myself by reading http headers. However, I'm sure, that
some else already did this and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Other
servers create the corret page by using the jsp:pluggin tag. Tomcat doesn't.
How can this be done with tomcat?

regards
Heiner

T-Systems
BU Ulm
Dipl. Ing. Heiner Amthauer
Systementwickler
Magirusstr. 39/1, D-89077 Ulm
+49 731 9344-4422 (Tel.)
+49 731 9344-4409 (Fax)
+49 177 7873405 (Mobil)
E-Mail: heiner.amthauer@t-systems.com
http://www.t-systems.com <http://www.t-systems.com>

Re: Using appelts with different clients

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Heiner.Amthauer@t-systems.com wrote:
> Other
> servers create the corret page by using the jsp:pluggin tag. Tomcat doesn't.

In what way does Tomcat not support this? As far as I am aware it does
in both 4.1.x and 5.5.x

Mark