Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2019/12/19 22:07:45 UTC

Quick note - JS/front end deps are now managed by Yarn, no longer NPM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note that as of master a few minutes ago front end deps are now managed by https://yarnpkg.com/ <https://yarnpkg.com/>, not npm. I finally got fed up of bugs in npm where the suggested fix was to delete the package-lock.json file and rebuild it (thus making such a file pointless) so it's now on yarn: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6844 <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6844>

Yarn and npm are mostly compatible in their CLI subcommands, and all our docs have been updated.

If you are using breeze this is all installed for you. If you aren't then check out CONTRIBUTING.rst in the repo for latest instructions.

-ash

Re: Quick note - JS/front end deps are now managed by Yarn, no longer NPM

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
.+1. yarn is a better choice than npm :). One incompatibility in cli is
that npm used 'npm cli' and yarn uses 'yarn install --frozen-lockfile`
which is much saner choice.

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Quick note - JS/front end deps are now managed by Yarn, no longer NPM

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
🎉