Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Jason Dusek <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 00:46:56 UTC

Re: ZooKeeper's Atomic Broadcast & Leader Election Algorithms

2009/04/21 Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>:
> 2009/04/21 Jason Dusek <ja...@gmail.com>:
>> I'd like to know more about how these things are implemented
>> and how message loss and leader failure affect their
>> correctness.
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> You should be a able to get some idea from the set of
> presentations at
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/ZooKeeperPresentations.
>
> Also, please use zookeeper-dev@hadoop.apache.org for questions
> which are not related to zookeeper users.

  Thank you for pointing me there -- most of the material I
  found seems to be more about what ZooKeeper can do, rather
  than how it works. I found the slides that describe ZAB.

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop-data/attachments/ZooKeeper(2f)ZooKeeperPresentations/attachments/zk-talk-upc.pdf

  Has a more formal document been published?

--
Jason Dusek