Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2003/12/04 14:40:05 UTC

How to measue performance? Log4j on/off.

We have a performance issue with a web page being served via
Tomcat/Apache.  I don't think it has anything to do with Tomcat, but I
am being asked to turn debug logging off to help improve it.  I'm
resisting because the output has been extremely valuable in solving
problems that still crop up and to find out what the users are really
doing as opposed to what they said they did.

That said, is there a definitive way I can compare the performance of
the site before and after turning the logging off?  Other than a
stopwatch?

Thanks,
Jim.