Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/01/28 14:28:48 UTC

Re: Github PRs and Jira

Le 09/12/2019 à 10:21, Samuel Trégouët a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I see another point to consider on our workflow: running continuous
> integration (checkstyle, compilation, unit test, integration test, sonar) on
> every code submission (I mean before commiting on trunk!)
>
> It seems to me that is not really complicated with github/gitlab pull
> requests. But I have no idea on how to do this on jira.
>
> Samuel
>
> Quoting Jacques Le Roux (2019-11-29 08:50:05)
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yesterday I have a short discussion with Pierre Smits about Github PRs and Jira.
>>
>> Pierre was asking about https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pulls I answered that our workflow is to contribute patches through Jira.
>>
>> I want to clearly document that in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices
>>
>> But I know that it will not be enough. The PR reflex is now an acquired behaviour. So I'll also add a notice in the top of our main README.adoc to
>> make it clear on our main Github page.
>>
>> Before I do, please chime in if you have other ideas
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques

Hi Samuel, All,

You have maybe noticed that today in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11330 Daniel Watford referenced (in the description, I guess comments
are OK too) a PR he created.

This has an important effect apart letting us know about the PR itself.

If you are subscribed to GitHub notifications on ofbiz-framework and ofbiz-plugins (all committers should be IMO), you get a summary of that
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pull/7#issuecomment-579200263 and notably this information "Kudos, SonarCloud Quality Gate passed!"

I'll work on OFBIZ-11301 and OFBIZ-11271 to clarify all that.

Clearly the GitHub PRs are a path to success!

Thanks

Jacques