Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Saranya C <sa...@maveric-systems.com> on 2013/06/13 14:12:15 UTC

Unable to run for 500 threads

Hi,

I am trying to run a test with 500 threads, with 100 threads each distributed across 5 thread groups. But when i start the test, it hangs immediately after around a minute or two.

It shows the count of threads somewhere near 20 and entire jmeter gets stuck. Nothing could be done after that.

Is this because of the system specifications (2GB RAM; 40 GB HDD) or ????

Thanks in Advance,
Saranya C
============================================================================================================================================================== Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email. ==============================================================================================================================================================

Re: Unable to run for 500 threads

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
A few questions to help us to help you.

Are you running this test on GUI or non-GUI mode?
How is HDD free space? Has it enough free space to generate logs?
Are all the JMeter slave/server instances at the same machine or is 1:1
ratio?
If you let it running, is there any exception logged?
If running on GUI mode, avoid using too many listeners. Disable every
listener and use only one Simple Data Writer listener. It uses less memory
than others.
Can you provide us part of the log that is relevant to this case?

Regards.

Posted by Eugene Kazakov <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Try to creat a heapdump with -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:HeapDumpPath=./java_pid<pid>.hprof options and after that analyze it
with Memory analyzer tool

--
Thank you,
Eugene Kazakov