Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Stefano Lottini <st...@datastax.com> on 2022/09/13 09:49:46 UTC

Cassandra Community - October Meetups - London and Amsterdam

Hello, Cassandra community!

We are glad to announce that we've added two more cities to our Cassandra
Day in-person events! We’re hosting Cassandra Day in London (October 11th)
and Amsterdam (October 13th).

Each will be a free one-day event and 100% focused on open-source Apache
Cassandra™and the community that makes the project sparkle.

Regardless of your expertise with C* or involvement in the project, you are
invited to participate and connect with other Cassandra enthusiasts,
experts and fellow developers.

Join us in person for a fun event with a fantastic lineup of speakers
sharing on various topics including; the Future of Cassandra and tech talks
from guest speakers!

Whether you join the full day for the workshops, just in the afternoon for
the tech talks, or just stop by for the snacks and to meet other community
members, we’d love to see you!

Registration is required to participate:

   -

   Cassandra Day London, October 11th
   <https://www.datastax.com/events/cassandra-day-london>
   -

   Cassandra Day Amsterdam, October 13th
   <https://www.datastax.com/events/cassandra-day-amsterdam>

(Workshop 1) "Cassandra Fundamentals":

* What is Cassandra

* Distributed data

* Replication and fault-tolerance

* Tunable consistency model

* How data is stored

* HANDS-ON: play with CRUD in the CQL Console

(Workshop 2) "Cassandra Data Modeling & App Development":
* Not a relational database!
* Denormalization
* Keys and Partitions
* Querying tables
* Data Modeling methodology
* Drivers (Python, Java)
* HANDS-ON: explore a full data model!
* HANDS-ON: run your first Cassandra-backed API
Call for Papers

There’s still time to submit a talk, and the call for papers is open to
everyone to participate. Share your Cassandra knowledge and submit a paper
today. <https://dtsx.io/cdays-cfp>

See you there!

Stefano - for the Cassandra Day organizers