Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Nic Hobbs <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/13 18:16:20 UTC

Re: role based security in struts and workflow

Hi Matt, all,

At the moment I haven't got anything like a demo webapp for it  but all you
need to do to try it is to install it all as per the instructions, add your
roles to the struts-config and make sure that you login to your app server
such that isUserInRole etc. return the right thing. In BEA WLS (well in 6.x
at least) this requires using either the J2EE defined login methods (method
as in way if doing it!)  (i.e. form based, basic etc.) or using the weblogic
security's weak method (method as in function call!) - other methods don't
work. In other app servers I guess this will be specific to them but all
should support the J2EE defined ways.

At the moment it is necessary to build them in I think, but there is probably
a way to add them as a jar or something similar. It will take me a couple of
days though (see below).

I have been busy in meetings last week and this and am away for the rest of
the week on an oh-so-interesting course, so I won't be able to put something
together to sort these two probs in the next few days. (This, as well as the
fact that I have had trouble with my work PC where I do all my mailing -
moved over to linux now ;) - is also the reason why I haven't responded to
Craig's workflow and security comments on the dev list, which I will hope to
do when I get back, although at first glance it all looks pretty good.) I
will try and put something together and post when I can.

Regards,

Nic

RE: TILES - cannot run the provided webapps

Posted by nicolas bonvin <ar...@individa.com>.
sorry, it was targeted to the struts-user-list

Posted by nicolas bonvin <ar...@individa.com>.
cedric?,

[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)