Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2009/04/09 15:25:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r763585 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/JIoEndpoint.java

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 10:20 +0000, markt@apache.org wrote:
> Author: markt
> Date: Thu Apr  9 10:20:36 2009
> New Revision: 763585

> Log:
> Java uses 0 rather than -1 for infinite socket timeout

But the value is never used if <= 0, so what does it change ?

Rémy

Re: svn commit: r763585 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/JIoEndpoint.java

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 14:37 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
> This broke with
> for org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol but I suspect no-one ever tested
> it until today when I swapped AJP implementations for trunk.
>
> I'm open to fixing it a different way if you have a better suggestion.

Ok, I was looking at the old code for setSocketOptions.

Rémy

Re: svn commit: r763585 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/JIoEndpoint.java

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 10:20 +0000, markt@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Thu Apr  9 10:20:36 2009
>> New Revision: 763585

>> Log:
>> Java uses 0 rather than -1 for infinite socket timeout
>
> But the value is never used if <= 0, so what does it change ?

This broke with
for org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol but I suspect no-one ever tested
it until today when I swapped AJP implementations for trunk.

I'm open to fixing it a different way if you have a better suggestion.

Mark