Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/06 10:31:32 UTC

Context missing in onUploadException

If a file upload triggers UploadException (eg. because file exceeds max size) then onUploadException(..) is called without calling onActivate(..) first, so when we're in onUploadException(..) we don't know the page context.

 I want to redisplay the page, with exception message, but how can I redisplay if I don't know the context?!?!  Any suggestions?

Incidentally, the doco warns about this ( http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-upload/ ) but doesn't give a solution.

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: Context missing in onUploadException

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Geoff Callender
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If a file upload triggers UploadException (eg. because file exceeds max size) then onUploadException(..) is called without calling onActivate(..) first, so when we're in onUploadException(..) we don't know the page context.
>
>  I want to redisplay the page, with exception message, but how can I redisplay if I don't know the context?!?!  Any suggestions?
>
> Incidentally, the doco warns about this ( http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-upload/ ) but doesn't give a solution.

I've always used another page for that purpose but that seems a nice
addition too. I would go and fire an issue at JIra.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com