Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Vladimir Protsenko <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/23 15:57:41 UTC

Spark Installation Maven PermGen OutOfMemoryException

I am installing Spark 1.2.0 on CentOS 6.6. Just downloaded code from github,
installed maven and trying to compile system:

git clone https://github.com/apache/spark.git
git checkout v1.2.0
mvn -DskipTests clean package

leads to OutOfMemoryException. What amount of memory does it requires?

export MAVEN_OPTS=`-Xmx=1500m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m` doesn't help.

Waht is a straight forward way to start using Spark?

Re: Spark Installation Maven PermGen OutOfMemoryException

Posted by varun sharma <va...@gmail.com>.
This works for me:

export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2g -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m" && mvn -DskipTests clean package

RE: Spark Installation Maven PermGen OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Somnath Pandeya <So...@infosys.com>.
I think you should use minimum of 2gb of memory for building it from maven .

-Somnath

I am installing Spark 1.2.0 on CentOS 6.6. Just downloaded code from github, installed maven and trying to compile system:

git clone https://github.com/apache/spark.git
git checkout v1.2.0
mvn -DskipTests clean package

leads to OutOfMemoryException. What amount of memory does it requires?

export MAVEN_OPTS=`-Xmx=1500m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m` doesn't help.

Waht is a straight forward way to start using Spark?

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Spark Installation Maven PermGen OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Vladimir Protsenko <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Bad mistake.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Protsenko <pr...@gmail.com>.