Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 21:21:58 UTC

Does Accumulo Have a Physical Table Limitation Like HBase?

I have never used HBase and I've only used Accumulo with less than 100
tables. However, when I see a statement like the following about HBase,  I
feel compelled to ask how it compares to Accumulo. Does anyone know?

  http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/views.html:
    This is especially important in HBase, as you cannot
    realistically expect to have more than perhaps up
    to a hundred physical tables and continue to get
    reasonable performance from HBase.

Re: Does Accumulo Have a Physical Table Limitation Like HBase?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Having a splittable metadata table, I assume, would allow us to scale to
more tables, each with more tablets, than HBase can. This isn't a
quantitative measure, however.

We generally recommend that you don't create a bunch of tablets that are
primarily empty. I've never seen Accumulo have problems if you create
too many.

I'd agree that with enough tables, we might see ZK issues first.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.