Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Jones <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 20:06:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling apache with sqllite, um, support?

I recently took the plunge and compiled my own apache2 for my Ubuntu (9.10)
server.  I ran configure with -n and was looking over the output to try to
learn a bit about what's happening.  I noticed at one point that configure
was checking to see if sqlite3 files were available (they weren't).  I was
able to locate information that the sqlite dev package contained these
files, installed it, and saw configure acknowledge their presence.

This was cool, as I want to use sqllite.  But I'm still curious.

-What does it mean that configure found these files?  Do I say I compiled
apache "with sqllite3 support"?

if so,

-Is that good?  Necessary?  Presumably I can write scripts all day using
sqllite *without* doing the above.  Do I write my scripts any differently or
have I just improved server performance?  What if I do my development this
way and end up with a production host whose server is not so configured?

Not that sqlite is the end all here, it's just an example.  I'm just as
curious about the python mods.

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling apache with sqllite, um, support?

Posted by Mark Jones <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Nick.

So much to learn.  I'll concentrate on dynamic loading and APR.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:06:34 -0800