Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Joshua Schaeffer <js...@harmonywave.com> on 2022/08/30 16:02:33 UTC

Setting UI timeout

Running ACS 4.15.1.0

Are these instructions still valid for setting the UI timeout: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Increase+the+Timeout+of+the+CloudStack+Management+GUI

I edited my web.xml file on both management servers, set the <session-timeout> value to 60 minutes, and restarted the services but the UI is still timing out after 30 minutes (the default I assume). What is the correct way to edit the UI's timeout?

Joshua Schaeffer

Re: Setting UI timeout

Posted by David Jumani <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Joshua,

You can modify the "session.timeout" value in the "/etc/cloudstack/management/server.properties" file with the timeout value you'd like
________________________________
Posted by Joshua Schaeffer <js...@harmonywave.com>.
Thanks to both who responded. I've made the change and can see the new timeout in effect.

On 8/31/22 01:59, Gary Dixon wrote:
> Hi Joshua
>
> You will need to edit the /etc/cloudstack/management/server.properties file on both mgmt. servers and set the "session.timeout" value to 60 and restart the cloudstack management service on both servers for the setting to take effect
>
> BR
>
> Gary

Joshua Schaeffer

RE: Setting UI timeout

Posted by Gary Dixon <Ga...@quadris.co.uk.INVALID>.
Hi Joshua

You will need to edit the /etc/cloudstack/management/server.properties file on both mgmt. servers and set the "session.timeout" value to 60 and restart the cloudstack management service on both servers for the setting to take effect

BR

Gary

Gary Dixon
Senior Technical Consultant
T:  0161 537 4980
W: www.quadris.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail from Quadris may be confidential and privileged for the private use of the named recipient.  The contents of this e-mail may not necessarily represent the official views of Quadris.  If you have received this information in error you must not copy, distribute or take any action or reliance on its contents.  Please destroy any hard copies and delete this message.
Are these instructions still valid for setting the UI timeout: https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FCLOUDSTACK%2FIncrease%2Bthe%2BTimeout%2Bof%2Bthe%2BCloudStack%2BManagement%2BGUI&amp;data=05%7C01%7CGary.Dixon%40quadris.co.uk%7C37ab0befe0d949a84f8e08da8aa11512%7Cf1d6abf3d3b44894ae16db0fb93a96a2%7C0%7C0%7C637974721715986559%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=SJ4ZeZdda4wd9hMPPpZfZE8wL5dLryuykq2Zejp5mtA%3D&amp;reserved=0