Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu> on 2003/10/01 10:55:21 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question

Jason Lieurance wrote:
> Ahhh, but the reason it did not work is because I had:
>
> Redirect /index.html http://www.foo.com
>
> instead  of:
>
> Redirect /index.html http://www.foo.com/index.php

And the reason you had to was because you didn't have index.php in your
DirectoryIndex directive. If Redirect /index.html http://www.foo.com/
doesn't work, then entering http://www.foo.com/ in the address bar won't
work either.

What you are doing above is just as bad as the previous hosters/webmasters:
linking directly to the exact document. When you decide to use .jsp or, god
forbid, .asp, it will break again.

Aviod leaking the underlying technology into the URI!There is a good
document on this, entitled "Cool URIs don't change":
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Re: [users@httpd] Internet explorer problem

Posted by Pruniaux ghislain <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
I look , and KeepAlive was OFF in config file.

But you told me about chunked encoding so i look in mod_proxy_html.c and
put  f->r->chunked = 0; in proxy_html_filter_init(ap_filter_t* f).

After a apxs rebuild it's look like working with all navigator  (do not
ask me why :) )

Thanks for your help

Posted by Pruniaux ghislain <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
i will look, thanks

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Pruniaux ghislain <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Pruniaux ghislain wrote:
>

>>I'am doing a https reverse proxy with  auth_ldap.
>>In order to not modifie the web site witch are "proxyised", i use the
>>mod_proxy_html .
>>
>>http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
>>
>>Everything seem to works good, but Internet Explorer have error in the
>>page it receive.
>>

>You'd need to be alot more specific about exactly what error you are
>seeing in what circumstances.
>
>Joshua.

Ok, I will try but my english is a bit bad so ...

When i use Internet explorer to see a page on https://.... (the https
proxy server) there is on  each html page the code:
1f5b at the beginning of the page and  0 at the end .
Of course when i want to acces to a gif it can not be displayed.

It's only when i active the  mod_proxy_html and only when i acces to
page in https. Http work well.

Other Navigator Work well.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] Internet explorer problem

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Pruniaux ghislain <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
Hi everyone,

I'am doing a https reverse proxy with  auth_ldap.
In order to not modifie the web site witch are "proxyised", i use the
mod_proxy_html .

http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/

Everything seem to works good, but Internet Explorer have error in the
page it receive.

Mozilla & bird & netscape, Opera, work perfectly.

I know that using mod_proxy_html is bad , but i must use it. If someone
meet this probleme , i need your help.

Thanks

Ghislain