Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Mar_zieh <m....@gmail.com> on 2018/10/24 13:32:25 UTC

cannot find symbol of "fromargs"

Hello

I am new in Flink. I want to write a program in stream processing. I added
this line to my program:
ParameterTool mmm = new ParameterTool.fromArgs(args);

But I got this error:

cannot find symbol of "fromargs"

would you please let me know how to solve this error?

Thank you in advance.

Re: cannot find symbol of "fromargs"

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi!

How are you packaging your Flink program? This looks like a simple dependency error.
If you don’t know where to start when beginning to write your Flink program, the quickstart Maven templates are always a good place to begin with [1].

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/projectsetup/java_api_quickstart.html