Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/12/08 17:40:32 UTC

Streamlining artifact ids - part2

Hi all guys,

I had a second thought on that and, while studying new topics at work,
I changed my mind... I don't know what is your position about but -
maybe Daniel agrees with me :P - but I'd propose a different way to
rename artifactIds, a la OSGi, as shown below...

WDYT? do you have any opinion/objection?
Many thanks in advance!
-Simo

onami-parent -> org.apache.onami.parent

onami-autobind-parent -> org.apache.onami.autobind.parent
onami-autobind-aop -> org.apache.onami.autobind.aop
onami-autobind-core -> org.apache.onami.autobind.core
onami-scanner-parent -> org.apache.onami.autobind.scanner.parent
onami-scanner-asm -> org.apache.onami.autobind.scanner.asm
onami-autobind-configuration -> org.apache.onami.autobind.configuration
onami-autobind-tests -> org.apache.onami.autobind.test

onami-cache -> org.apache.onami.cache

onami-configuration -> org.apache.onami.configuration

onami-guava -> org.apache.onami.guava

onami-lifecycle -> org.apache.onami.lifecycle

onami-logging-parent -> org.apache.onami.logging.parent
onami-logging-acl -> org.apache.onami.logging.acl
onami-logging-core -> org.apache.onami.logging.core
onami-logging-juli -> org.apache.onami.logging.juli
onami-logging-log4j -> org.apache.onami.logging.log4j
onami-logging-log4j2 -> org.apache.onami.logging.log4j2
onami-logging-slf4j -> org.apache.onami.logging.slf4j
onami-logging-testfw -> org.apache.onami.logging.testfw

onami-scheduler -> org.apache.onami.scheduler

onami-spi -> org.apache.onami.spi

onami-test -> org.apache.onami.test

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Streamlining artifact ids - part2

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all again,

I didn't receive any blocker (yet) so I am going to switch naming
convention tonight.

Please stop me before if you don't agree (and please explain why) :)

all the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Manzke <da...@googlemail.com>.
My problem is not the artifactid it was the name. ;)
I have no real thoughts in it. So +1/-1 :)

Are there any maven recommendations? How about other asf projects?

olamy/simo you both have more experiences here.
I go both ways without any problems.

Bye

--
Viele Grüße/Best Regards